Portland, Oregon - Dejal Systems, LLC today announced the immediate availability of Dejal Simon 5.0, the essential server monitoring tool for macOS. It checks web pages, FTP and DNS servers, local or remote ports or volumes, and other services for changes or failures, and notifies you via email, sound, speech, Twitter, SMS, HTML reports, and other means.
Add tests to Simon to track updated sites, to alert you when an important server goes down or recovers, check on Samba SMB, take periodic screenshots of the system, track posts and new comments on your or friends' blogs, check for web mail, make sure a key application is running, get notifications of updates to favorite news and entertainment websites, keep an eye on auctions, and many other uses.
Services include Web Page to check web pages (including secure ones, and supporting POST and cookies), DNS, Ping servers, watch a local Application, capture periodic Screenshots, watch for System Log Errors, and more. Plus, you can easily add your own services via custom port connections, AppleScripts, shell scripts, or Perl, PHP, Python, etc.
Use filters to avoid dynamic content and detect changes in the output of the service and other filters. You can look at multiple portions, or the 10th occurrence, find via simple text matching or powerful regular expressions. You can also remove HTML tags or numbers from the text, result in a change or failure if some text is found or missing, only detect a change if a number changes by some threshold, or is out of range, and many more possibilities.
Receive notification of changes, failures, and/or recoveries via various Actions, auto-generated Email messages, an audible Sound, or customizable Speech. You can use custom scripts and port sessions for notifiers too.
HTML reports enable remote viewing of a summary and/or details of Simon monitoring. Reports can be saved to a local web server, or uploaded remotely. Customizable templates (with several examples provided) allow embedding in a web page, using a compact format suitable for viewing on PDAs and cellphones, creating a RSS feed, and more.
Version 5.0 is a paid upgrade for licensed Simon 4 customers. Changes include:
* Simon is now a universal app for Apple M1 silicon and Intel on Big Sur; it also supports back to Sierra (10.12)
* Updated the app icon for the Big Sur squircle style
* Simon now supports syncing via iCloud
* The Simon data is not synced by default, but if the new Sync preference is enabled, the data is moved to iCloud
* Each test can be checked on a specific computer, but edited from any synced Mac
* Notifiers can also be performed on a specific computer, but it doesn't have to be the same one, e.g. check a test on Mac 1, and notify on Mac 2 (or both)
* Manually starting a check, pausing, editing, etc can be done from any synced computer
* Services, filters, and notifiers now organized into groups and recents
* Renamed the default "Web (HTTP)" service as "Web Page", to be more clear
* Added a new Simon Status service
* Added a new Link Checker filter
* Added a new Server Result filter
* Powerful custom output for Find Regular Expressions filters
* Added an iMessage notifier
* Added a new Speak Error notifier
* Sound notifier improvements
* Plus other service, filter, notifier, and report changes
* Removed some services and notifiers that are no longer supported
* Added a Debug menu for rarely-used diagnostic options
* Plus several other improvements; see the full release notes for details
* English, French and German
* Apple silicon or Intel Mac
* OS X version 10.12 or later
* 42 MB disk space
Pricing and Availability:
Dejal Simon 5.0 is available for $99.00, and available as a full-featured demo. This is a paid upgrade for licensed Simon 4 users for $49.00 (USD).
Dejal Simon 5.0
Download Dejal Simon
Founded by David Sinclair in 1991, Dejal Systems, LLC was originally established in New Zealand, and later moved to Portland, Oregon in 2001. With a focus on the Mac, iPad and iPhone platforms, Dejal specializes in user-friendly and flexible utility software. Copyright 2021 Dejal Systems, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Dejal and the Dejal logo are registered trademarks of Dejal Systems, LLC. Simon is a trademark of Dejal Systems, LLC. Apple and the Apple logo are registered trademarks of Apple Inc in the U.S. and/or other countries.