San Francisco, California - WaterField Designs, a San Francisco designer and manufacturer of laptop sleeves, bags, and cases for digital gear, announces the AirPods Max Shield Case. The bespoke case, developed with input from over 1,200 Apple fans, combines full-grain leather with waxed canvas or ballistic nylon for a modern look worthy of Apple's sleek headphones. A Magnetic Leather Butterfly acts as a buffer between the ear cups and triggers the AirPods Max into low-power mode. When used in conjunction with the Apple Smart Case, the magnets lie flat. Space-efficient pockets stow cords and accessories, and a luxuriously soft interior cradles the AirPods Max.
"When Apple introduced the AirPods Max, our community clamored for a new case," said WaterField Designs owner Gary Waterfield. "So, we surveyed over 1,200 Apple enthusiasts to understand their needs and then incorporated their feedback into our design. They requested a case that is compact, protective, professional-looking, and capable of carrying a few accessories. They were evenly divided regarding the Apple Smart Case; one camp wanted a case that encompasses the Apple Smart Case while the other wanted a case that replaces it altogether and puts the headphones into low-power mode. It was an exciting challenge to create a case that satisfies both camps and that addresses their other wishes as well."
Unlike generic cases that are marketed as specific to Apple's new headphones, the Shield Case is truly bespoke. A Magnetic Leather Butterfly lies flat when the Smart Case is stowed inside the WaterField case but triggers the headphones into low power mode when the headphones are stowed inside by themselves. Thoughtfully-designed pockets hold an array of accessories while maintaining the case's compact form. Rugged materials, shock-absorbing foam, and waterproof zippers help protect the prized headphones.
* Compact and custom-fitted to hold and protect AirPods Max with or without a Smart Case
* Innovative Magnetic Leather Butterfly keeps ear cups separated and triggers AirPods Max low power mode to preserve battery life; The Butterfly lies flat when headphones are stowed with the Apple Smart Case
* Zip-around closure with dual zipper sliders allows for in-case charging
* Top and bottom layers of closed-cell foam help disperse external forces and resist compression
* Plush lining, as soft as a puppy's ear, backed with additional soft foam keeps AirPods Max scratch-free
* Stretch mesh pocket with a leather closure utilizes negative interior space to fit a 5W to 20W Apple Power Adapter and charging and headphone cords
* Plush-lined exterior zippered pocket keeps extra cords, AirPods Pro, or other small electronic accessories readily accessible
* Open-topped, stretch mesh, rear pocket stows an iPhone, and/or additional accessories
* Top nylon loop facilitates a quick grab when carrying the case solo and hooks onto a carabiner for attaching to a strap or stashing the case inside another bag
* Rugged black ballistic nylon or waxed canvas paired with full-grain leather and smooth waterproof zippers help protect headphones from the elements
WaterField has designed and manufactured custom cases for Apple gear since Steve Jobs first announced the Titanium PowerBook in 2001. The highly-functional, luxury AirPods Max Shield Case joins WaterField's collection of cases for Apple gear that includes handsome bags and sleeves for MacBooks and iPads, iPhone cases, Magic Keyboard and TrackPad sleeves, an Apple TV Case, and a leather Apple Pencil Pouch. All WaterField products are handcrafted to exacting standards in San Francisco.
Colors and materials:
Black ballistic nylon with premium, full-grain leather in black, blue, or crimson. Tan waxed canvas with distressed, full-grain, chocolate leather. Ultra-plush, foam-backed interior lining. Closed-cell foam inserts. Stretch mesh (two of three pockets). Waterproof zippers. Custom metal zipper pulls.
* 9.5 x 9 (at widest points) x 2.25 inches
Ballistic nylon 11 oz; waxed canvas 14.5 oz.
Pricing and Availability:
The AirPods Max Shield Case is priced at $99 (USD). Pre-order now. First production run ships December 31, 2020.
AirPods Max Shield Case
YouTube Video (Demo)
WaterField Designs is an innovative San Francisco designer and manufacturer of bags and cases for tech-savvy consumers who want to stylishly and responsibly transport their technology. WaterField manufactures custom-fitted, high-quality cases and bags for a full-range of laptop computers, smartphones, tablets, gaming devices, and other digital gear. All products are manufactured to exacting standards entirely in San Francisco. More information is available on the company website at "Our Story." WaterField Designs, Magnetic Leather Butterfly, and SFbags are trademarks of WaterField Designs. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright (C)2020. All Rights Reserved.