Atlantic Beach, Florida - Independent developer, Tropical Software today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of iAddressX 4.0.1, an important update for their contact navigation app for macOS. iAddressX allows Mac users to navigate their contacts from a small icon in the macOS System Menu Bar. Users can also print Dymo labels, dial iPhone and Skype calls, send SMS messages, and more directly from the Menu Bar.
iAddressX puts all Contacts application-related information at a Mac user's fingertips. Users can quickly view their contacts' information, including phone numbers, email addresses, birthdays and anniversaries, addresses, and much more. Contacts can be viewed in various ways, including alphabetically, recent contacts, by country, by company, and more.
"I always tired of the need to open my macOS Contacts application every time I needed to lookup a contact. When I discovered iAddressX I knew I had to bring it to Mac users," says James Lee, owner of Tropical Software. "iAddressX takes the pain out of looking up contact information, allowing users to quickly search for a specific contact, view contacts by group, quickly dial a number or send a text. A Dymo label can even be printed on the fly, without the need to leave the Mac desktop."
iAddressX puts a number of features at your fingertips:
* Resides in the Mac System Bar
* Navigate contacts directly from the Mac Menu Bar
* Search contacts directly from the Mac Menu Bar
* Navigate contacts alphabetically, by group, by country, and recently used
* Dial using Bluetooth, Facetime, iPhone, Skype, or even an old-fashioned landline
* Send SMS messages to Skype pals
* Send a text via Apple Messages app
* Print to a Dymo Label printer directly from iAddressX
* View a map of a contact's address in Apple or Google Maps
* Quickly send emails to any contact or groups of contacts from the Menu bar
iAddressX 4.0.1 brings a number of new features, improvements, and fixes:
* To improve security iAddressX is now "Sandboxed"
* Changed the Preferences/Dialing/Use "faceTime..." usage description
* Changed the Dial FaceTime menu command text
* Improved the Contacts and Calendar "authorization to access" process
* Changed the default for Preferences/Menu/"Start AddressX upon login" checkbox to unchecked
* "Create Calendar Event" menu command now works in macOS Catalina
* "Create Calendar Event for group" menu command sometimes failed if a group member had no Email address
* "Create Calendar Event for group" menu command sometimes caused multiple iAddressX calendars to be created
* Pausing currently playing song in Music (formerly iTunes) when dialing now works in macOS Catalina
"iAddressX received multiple good reviews when it was first released years ago, and we're looking forward to hearing what reviewers have to think about it now," continues James. "More importantly, we are looking for feedback from previous iAddressX customers, as well as new users, about what they would like to see us develop in the future. We can't wait to hear what they have to say."
* macOS 10.12 or later
* macOS Big Sur compatible
* 64-bit processor
* 20 MB
Pricing and Availability:
iAddressX 4.0.1 is just $19.95 (USD) and is available worldwide through the Tropical Software website and the Mac App Store in the Productivity category. A free trial download is available from the Tropical Software website and review codes are available upon request.
Purchase and Download from Mac App Store
Located in Atlantic Beach, Florida, Tropical Software is owned and operated by former Apple employee James Lee, and is dedicated to improving the lives of its customers by offering easy to use productivity software for Macs and Apple mobile devices including the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Copyright (C) 2020 Tropical Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, macOS, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.