London, United Kingdom - Ben Software today announced the release of SecuritySpy 5.3, a major update to the premier multi-camera video surveillance software for Mac. With smart motion detection powered by AI, flexible recording features, remote monitoring, and an intuitive user interface, SecuritySpy is ideal for all CCTV applications, from professional to home. Version 5.3 adds HomeKit integration, support for macOS 11 Big Sur, instant video replay, and a host of other new features and improvements. In addition, SecuritySpy is now a universal application that runs natively on both Intel and Apple Silicon (M1) Macs, allowing for blazingly fast performance on both platforms.
"This update represents our ongoing commitment to maintain cutting edge macOS NVR software and respond to our customers' feedback" said Ben Bird, the developer of SecuritySpy. "We are thrilled to be delivering such exciting new features, including a universal build of our product that allows SecuritySpy to run with superb performance on the next generation of Apple Silicon Macs with the M1 chip."
SecuritySpy supports virtually all network cameras on the market, including the popular Axis, Cisco, Dahua, Canon, Amcrest, Hikvision, Vivotek and Zavio ranges. SecuritySpy features advanced AI-powered motion detection, which can be used to trigger recordings as well as email alerts, audio alarms, iOS push notifications and HomeKit accessories. The built-in secure web server allows remote monitoring of live streams and captured footage from over the Internet, using a web browser or our SecuritySpy app for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.
The main features of SecuritySpy are as follows:
* Supports all major brands of IP camera as well as ONVIF-compatible cameras
* Carefully designed user interface and automatic camera detection for easy setup
* AI-powered smart motion and object detection for accurate triggering of recording
* Efficient software design allows one Mac to handle high numbers of cameras
* Built-in secure web server for remote monitoring and administration
* Automatic DDNS, port forwarding and SSL/TLS certificate generation for easy web setup
* Flexible scheduling options for recording at particular times of the day or week
* Browser feature for synchronised multi-camera playback and AI-powered object search
* Supports all industry-standard media formats (H.265, H.264, MPEG-4, JPEG, AAC)
* Hardware-accelerated video compression and decompression for low CPU usage
* Companion iOS and tvOS apps for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV
* Notifications including alarms, emails, scripts and iOS Push Notifications
* Pan/Tilt/Zoom (PTZ) support using virtual joystick
* Secure off-site backup of captured footage
* Integration with home automated systems such as HomeKit, Indigo and Control4
* Supports non-IP cameras such as built-in cameras, USB webcams and Blackmagic devices
New features in this update include:
* Compatible with macOS 11 Big Sur
* Universal build that runs natively on both Intel and Apple Silicon Macs
* HomeKit integration: connect Triggers/Actions to HomeKit accessories
* New instant video replay function in live video windows
* New function to save a movie file of recent activity at any time
* Drag and drop images from video windows to the Finder and other apps
* Support for external GPU devices for accelerated video encoding
* New Video Decoder Pressure display in the Camera Info Window
Pricing is in British Pounds, Euros or US Dollars and depends on the number of cameras used, ranging from GBP 29.90 (approx. USD $40) for a single-camera license, to GBP 649.00 (approx. USD $880) for an unlimited-camera license. SecuritySpy 5.3 requires macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later. SecuritySpy can be tested for 30 days before purchase, with no demo limitations.
Ben Software Ltd is an independent software development house focused on providing high-quality video-related software for the Mac platform. Copyright (C) 2020 Ben Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.