Munich, Germany - Isle of the Kakapo is today excited to announce the release and immediate availability of RailModeller Pro 6.3, their model railroad and slot car layout design solution for macOS. The app offers sophisticated tools that enable hobbyists to quickly design model train and slot car track plans, features more than 250 libraries for popular track systems in model scales ranging from T (1:450) all the way up to G/IIm (1:22.5) as well as scalable libraries for accessories usable across all model scales, and offers customizable views of track layouts in both two and three dimensions.
This latest update of RailModeller Pro features a new Auto-Colorize function to automatically colorize layouts by element type, radius, article number, or layer using multiple color palettes, an improved Library Catalog showing the shorthand or alias for an article (where published by the manufacturer), an extended baseboard assistant featuring a large preview to help matching a new baseboard with existing layout content, and better export to JMRI's PanelPro application for controlling model railroads via DCC.
Other changes in this update include a new inspector for customizing the appearance of user-created buffer stops, an improved Community Layouts feature for track plans shared by a community of model train hobbyists, new color controls providing a familiar iWork style color palette, as well as enhancements to many other aspects of the app's user interface.
As always the latest update includes new as well as extended libraries for tracks and accessories.
RailModeller Pro's easy-to-use interface allows track designers to create layouts of up to 10km x 10km or 6.2 x 6.2 miles organized in up to 99 layers. Track elements can be dropped onto the layout, rotated, and positioned where desired, users can simply click to append one or more track elements in the layout, create tunnel sections, use sophisticated assistants for more advanced tasks like closing gaps or starting parallel lines of tracks, add graphical shapes, arrows, dimensions, import background images and specify baseboards to indicate the available space for a train layout.
RailModeller Pro automatically generates a shopping list, (including prices), as the layout is created, making for an easy reference when it comes time to purchase required components for the layout. An integrated stock management maintains the inventory of tracks already purchased, displaying the number of tracks remaining in stock when working on a specific layout or filtering the shopping list to show only missing tracks that need to be purchased to complete the layout.
* A library catalog featuring libraries for more than 250 track systems for all popular manufacturers of model train tracks
* Covers model scales from T (1:450) up to G or IIm (1:22.5)
* A clean and intuitive, Mac like user experience
* An automatically adapting drawing canvas never running out of space
* Sophisticated, yet easy to use tools to quickly build awesome model train layouts
* Assistants that allow placing tracks at arbitrary heights, creating track grades, insert parallel tracks or close gaps
* Dedicated tools for creating tunnel sections
* Integrated support for baseboards indicating the general shape of the layout
* Advanced functionality for creating selections
* Clean-up wizards for complex layouts
* Customizable viewing modes for visualizing the track layout in two and three dimensions
* Automatically generates shopping lists as the design is laid out
* The built-in stock tracking feature keeps track of items already owned
* Print layouts in any scale from a single sheet of paper to full-sized 1:1 scale
* Image import in various formats (PNG, JPEG, PSD, GIF, TIFF, PDF, and others)
* Export track layouts in numerous image file formats at any resolution
* Export to JMRI's PanelPro app for controlling model trains (DCC)
* Customizable key bindings for menu commands
* An integrated help manual
* macOS 10.12 or later
* 64-bit Processor
* 50 MB disk space
Pricing and Availability:
RailModeller Pro 6.3 is available for only $39.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies) worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Graphics and Design category. A free version, RailModeller Express - which is suitable for smaller layouts with a limited number of tracks - is also available through the Mac App Store in the Graphics and Design category. Review copies are available upon request.
Isle of the Kakapo
RailModeller Pro 6.3
Purchase and Download (MAS)
Based in Munich, Germany, Isle of the Kakapo is owned and operated by Jan Barnholt. Founded in 2015, Isle of the Kakapo is a software company specializing in providing innovative apps for the Mac and iOS platforms. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2020 Isle of the Kakapo. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and mac OS are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.