Mons, Belgium. - Creaceed today unveils Inko, their new peer-to-peer collaborative whiteboard app for iPad, iPhone, and Apple TV. Inko lets users draw collaboratively in real time on the same canvas from multiple devices, offering network-less connectivity, a remarkable drawing experience, as well as live TV mirroring and interaction. Following Apple's Tuesday announcements at their education event in Chicago, Inko offers full compatibility with the new 6th-gen iPad & pencils geared to classrooms.
Inko's peer-to-peer connectivity makes infrastructure network or internet access superfluous, offering a one-tap setup process that permits easy deployment in most situations. Inko also offers a remarkable drawing experience through its extensive support for Apple Pencil, as well as a beautiful pixel-free visualization with vibrant colors on wide color displays (P3). Moreover, the free Apple TV companion app enables live mirroring of contents on large screens, up to 4K, and also offers innovative interaction with the remote as a laser pointer.
Ideal for Enterprise and Education:
Thanks to its nomadic connectivity capability and its other productivity features, Inko is particularly suited to education and enterprise environments. Moreover, the support for standard TV sets makes it an affordable alternative to expensive and less flexible interactive whiteboards. Standard equipment enables rich usage scenarios.
"We made Inko to enable creative drawing-based interactions in most situations, scaling from drawing game at home to digital classes at school and the entreprise," says Raphael Sebbe, Creaceed's Founder. "We believe Inko can be an advantageous alternative to dedicated interactive whiteboard screens, being a lot more affordable, more easily deployed, and running on off-the-shelf equipment (iPad, TV sets) that can serve numerous other purposes."
* Real-time drawing: highly responsive, "appears-as-it-happens" multi-user drawing with no lag
* Dynamic trails: participants' labels on drawing trails that show who is currently drawing
* Seamless connectivity with up to 12 devices when using a Wi-Fi access point, or 8 devices without Wi-Fi access point
* Extensive Apple Pencil support with angle, pressure, high-speed & predictive sampling
* Reliable syncing and multi-user undo/redo
* Pen tool with two sizes & one calligraphic variant. Eraser tool with two sizes
* Ephemeral highlighter tool. On Apple TV, motion-driven, laser pointer-like control with the remote.
* Optimized for latest iOS: file sharing, Split View Multitasking on iPad, Drag & Drop, Today Widget, Quick Actions...
* Hi-res PDF export for a productive workflow
* iCloud sync for personal drawings
* Free Apple TV companion app
Live Demonstrations at Vivatech in Paris:
The Creaceed team will be giving live demos of Inko at the Viva Technology (Vivatech) event in Paris from May 24th through May 26th. Practical information will be provided in May through Creaceed's Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Pricing and Availability:
Inko 1.0 is available immediately as a free download on the App Store, and is localized in 12 languages. The free version provides an unlimited number of canvases for personal use without limitation, and lets two or more users try the collaboration feature for a 60-second time-limited session. To remove this limitation, two purchase options are provided:
* Collaboration Pack: a one-time purchase ($19.99) that unlocks collaboration. In this configuration, each user must unlock the pack for time-unlimited sessions.
* Hero Plan: a subscription ($11.99 monthly, $99.99 yearly) that grants one user the ability of initiating sessions that others can join using just the free app, with no purchase required for the other users. Ideal for schools and enterprises.
The Apple TV companion app is a free download on the App Store and has no limitation.
Download from iTunes
Vimeo Video (Trailer)
Press Kit (zip)
Creaceed is a Belgian company that has been making apps for 10 years for Apple platforms, focusing on image processing technologies in the fields of document scanning, note taking, photo and video processing. Other apps like Hydra, Carbo, and Prizmo have been awarded by the press and featured by Apple on multiple occasions. Copyright 2008-2018 Creaceed. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, iOS, macOS, iPhone, iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.