Denver, Colorado - St. Clair Software is happy to release version 5.2.2 of Default Folder X today. This update of its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs delivers improved performance, new AppleScript commands and user interface improvements. It also addresses several reliability issues.
Default Folder X's custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you quickly navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, file information, Spotlight tagging and comments are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X speeds your workflow by making file management fast and efficient.
The changes in Default Folder X 5.2.2 include:
* Improved performance, halving the time it takes for Default Folder X's controls to appear next to a file dialog
* New AppleScript commands let you remove recent files, recent folders and default folders
* Placeholder text makes it clear where to enter comments and tags
* Group headers in the Shortcut preferences are more prominent, making it clearer when particular shortcuts are active
* Fixed a bug that could leave a file dialog stuck on screen with a spinning progress indicator
* Corrected compatibility issues with Keyboard Maestro, LaunchBar and InDesign
* Fixed a number of bugs and crashes
For a complete change history, visit the URL listed below.
* macOS 10.10 through 10.13
Pricing and Availability:
Default Folder X 5.2.2 is a free update for existing version 5 users. New licenses are $34.95 (USD) and upgrades from version 4 and prior are $14.95. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for screenshots, a full change log, and additional feature information. St. Clair Software strongly recommends that anyone using Default Folder X install this update.
Default Folder X 5.2.2
Detailed Change History
Download Default Folder X
Purchase Default Folder X
Based in Denver, Colorado, St. Clair Software is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, 271 S. Emerson Street, Denver, CO, USA 80209. Copyright (C) 1988-2018 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, Macintosh, macOS and Finder are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.